FIGMENT DETROIT: WHAT TO BRING
FIGMENT DETROIT offers an alternative to the traditional art scene in Detroit, Michigan, using interaction and collaboration as tools for wild creativity, while being completely free and open to the public. For information about our 2011 event in Detroit, please visit our Event Page!
Remember to bring anything that you might need for the day.
There are no stores on Belle Isle. Belle isle has bbq stands if you’d like to cook-out, so bring your own charcoal! The island has a police station but does not have medical facilities. There are restrooms located around the island.
Bring your own:
- Drinking water
- Picnic food and snacks to eat and share
- Sun protection: Sunscreen, a floppy hat or parasol, and sunglasses
- Toys: Sidewalk chalk, kites, hula hoops, croquet sets, water guns… anything that you want to play with or invite others to join you in!
- Any necessary medications
- Costumes: FIGMENT is the perfect time to play make-believe (for both kids & adults!)
- Bicycles or roller skates
The following items are PROHIBITED on Belle Isle – please do not bring them:
- Anything that is not legal to have in public in Detroit
BRINGING YOUR ART
We invite you to bring your art, performance, or artistic endeavors… Submissions are now open! The submissions deadline for projects will be July 1, 2011.